As I was going to bed last night it occurred to me that I’d neglected to put the petticoat on the dress form. I didn’t know what, if any, changes it would make in the fit, so I put it on over the long stays this morning and tried the toile again. I wasn’t expecting a miracle, which is good because there wasn’t one.
Good news – the petticoat fits.
Bad news – the toile is still a mess.
Looking at it this morning, it appears it’s just too big all the way around. I may need to shorten the shoulder straps, which is nothing new for me. And I want a higher neckline as well.
Let’s see if toile #2 looks a bit better.