HSM #8 – The Edwardian Summer Dress is Done!

It’s late and I’m tired. I wouldn’t have believed it possible, but the dress is finished and – if I do say so  myself – lookin’ pretty good. (Especially considering I knocked it out in just four days, basically making it up as I went.) Now I’m really looking forward to the fundraiser/picnic/open air theater performance tomorrow.

The first thing I noticed this morning was when I looked at the bodice on the mannequin, it looked more “Laura Ashley” than Edwardian. The bands over the shoulder were too far apart. When I pulled them in a bit it helped immensely. The bodice went from looking square and block-ish to more narrow and appropriate for the time. (Hopefully this will translate into me looking less square and block-ish, too.)

It’s taken me the better part of the day to get to this point. I may not touch another placket for months. And I feel an affinity developing for “over-the-head” pull on styles, at least for the next dress or two.

Here it is, with more photos and all the details to follow. For now – I gotta get some sleep.

Front

Front

Back

Back

Advertisements